Mint and Garlic Lamb Roast
As some of you might already have figured out lamb is one of my favorite kinds of meat to put on the grill. Yummy! The lamb roast is an excellent piece of meat to grill. Here’s a version of grilled whole lamb roast with a juicy marinade of mint, garlic, lemon and other good stuff.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 2 lb (ca 9 hg) Lamb Roast
- 20 Mint Leaves
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 cup (ca 2,4 dl) Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup (ca 1,2 dl) Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Chop mint leaves. Grate the garlic. Put chopped mint, garlic, peel and juice of the lemon, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sea salt, sugar and black pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Put lamb roast in a bowl and add the marinade. Gently rub the marinade into the roast.
- Put roast on grill directly over the heat to get some nice surface. A minute or two on each side will be good enough. Keep the marinade.
- Then move the roast to the side. Put a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the roast. Close the lid.
- Brush the meat with the marinade every once in a while. And keep turning the roast.
- The roast is perfect when the temperature of the meat is 140 degrees F (or 60 degrees C).
Serve with potatoes, salad and a nice tsatsiki.