Grilled ham and sweet chili sauce quesadillas
Here’s a really easy-to-make gorgeous recipe for grilled quesadillas with fine cheddar cheese, delicious smoked ham and sweet chili sauce.
INGREDIENTS (~4 servings)
- 10 Medium size soft tortilla bread
- 1 lb. (450 g) Fine Cheddar Cheese
- 0,7 lb. (300 g) Smoked Ham
- 1,5 cup (3,5 dl) Sweet Chili Sauce
- Grate the cheddar cheese.
- Chop the ham coarsely.
- Take one soft tortilla bread and add a handful of cheese on one half of the bread.
- Put some ham on the cheese.
- Pour some sweet chili sauce over the ham.
- Add a little more cheese before closing the tortilla bread. Press the bread gently with the palm of your hand to get a nice flat and tight quesadilla.
- Put the quesadillas on the grill. Grill them for about 30 seconds on each side or until they get a nice color before putting them on the side of the grill, away from the heat.
- Keep grilling the quesadillas on indirect heat with the lid closed for another 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on them so that they don’t get burnt. It may happen that you have to turn them occasionally.
Serve with sour cream and guacamole.
Thanks to Peter Gaudiano for the inspiration on this one!