Green peppercorn rubbed pulled pork
If you’ve checked out some of my earlier recipes you’ve probably figured out black pepper is one of my favorite spices. Actually, I LOVE all kind of peppercorns. Here’s a nice version of the pulled pork with a dry rub made mostly of green peppercorns as well as some other nice complementary spices.
INGREDIENTS (4-6 servings)
- 2 lb (~900g) Boneless Pork Loin
- 3 tbsp Dried Green Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Paprika powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- Start by making the dry rub. Put all dry ingredients in a mortar, i.e. all ingredients listed above except the pork loin. Grind until you have a nice fine powder.
- Knead the pork loin thoroughly with the rub.
- Put meat in an ovenproof pan with lid (a casserole pan with lid is fine).
- Cook at 260 degrees F (~125 degrees C) for 5-6 hours.
- Take the meat out of the oven and use two forks to pull the pork apart into thin juicy divine pieces of pulled pork.
- Take a homemade bun or a hamburger bread and put meat and some coleslaw in between the bread. Enjoy!
Tip! Because the rub is made of only dry ingredients it’s well suited to store for quite a while.