Stuffed Bell Peppers with Cilantro Sour Cream
Here’s a nice mexican inspired version of the stuffed bell peppers. This one is based on grilled chicken, rice, green bell peppers and lots of good flavours. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 1 1/2 lb (ca 680 g) Grilled Chicken (preferrably charchoal grilled filets)
- 4 big Green Bell Peppers
- 4 Tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups (ca 3,5 dl) Boiled Long Grain Rice
- 1 Onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 1 tbsp Cummin Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup (ca 4 tbsp) Freshly Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- 1/2 cup (ca 1,2 dl) Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups (ca 4,5 dl) Sour Cream
- Another 2 tbsp of Freshly Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Chop tomatoes and put in a baking dish.
- Cut bell peppers lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Arange peppers on tomatoes with the hollow sides facing upwards.
- In a bowl, mix finely chopped grilled chicken, chopped onion, boiled rice, finely chopped jalapeño (with or without seeds), cummin powder, smoked paprika powder, salt, freshly ground black peppers, freshly chopped cilantro leaves and freshly chopped parsley.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven (or until peppers are soft and tender). Pour some of the tomatoe juices over the tomatoes every 15 minutes.
- Serve with nachos and a mix of the sour cream and another 2 tbsp of freshly chopped cilantro leaves mixed finely. Nom nom nom!!!