Posts tagged breakfast burritos
This one has become a breakfast favorite. I usually make these with bacon, green and red peppers but I make variations including avocado, feta cheese or spinach from time to time. The basic idea is pretty much to put an omelette inside a tortilla bread. Here’s how I do it.
INGREDIENTS (2 servings)
- 4 Medium size tortilla breads
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 lb (ca 115g) Bacon
- 1/2 Red pepper
- 1/2 Green pepper
- 1 tbsp Butter
- A pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chop bacon, green and red pepper.
- Put eggs in a bowl and add salt and black pepper. Stir a bit.
- Put butter in a pan and turn on a pretty high heat. When butter has melted add the chopped pepper and bacon. Fry until bacon and pepper gets a nice brown surface.
- Lower the heat and add eggs. Keep frying until eggs harden.
- Slice the omelette in 4 pieces. Put 1/4 of the omelette on a tortilla bread. Fold bread on two sides and roll the bread so that it becomes a nice fully closed burrito. Slice burrito in half.