Ginger and mustard rib glaze
Here’s a nice and simple glaze perfect for the christmas ribs. It’s sweet, sour, salty and spicy! I prefer the thick pork ribs for christmas but the glaze works fine with any kind of ribs.
INGREDIENTS (enough for 2 lb/ca 1 kg)
- 1/2 cup (ca 1 dl) Thick Syrup
- 2 tbsp Chinese Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Coleman’s Mustard Powder
- 2 inches (ca 5 cm) Fresh Ginger
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground White Pepper
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Put ginger, syrup, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, mustard powder, chili powder, black and white pepper in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Brush glaze on ribs for the last 30 minutes of grilling/cooking.
BBQ Lemon and Orange Turkey Breast
Don’t you just love the smell of citrus and grilled meat from chicken or turkey in the summer! Here’s the perfect BBQ lemon and orange turkey breast.
INGREDIENTS (4 servings)
- 2 lb (ca 9 hg) Turkey breast (1 breast would be about 1 lb)
- 1 Orange
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 inch (ca 1 tbsp) Fresh ginger
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Corn oil
- 2 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Put juice and grated peel of the orange and lemon in a bowl. Tear ginger and garlic into the bowl. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Put turkey breast(s) and marinade in a plastic bag and let it rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Grill turkey until well done (cooking time depends on method of course but count for about 40-60 minutes). And be sure to save that marinade and keep brushing the turkey every 5 minutes. I prefer indirect heat on a charcoal grill with the lid closed. And some soaked chips of Texas mesquite to get a nice smoky taste.