Black Caramel Steak Sauce
This is a great sweet, sticky and just enough sour steak sauce perfect for any beef.
INGREDIENTS (about 2-4 servings)
- 1 cup (ca 2,4 dl) Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Chinese Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Concentrated Blackcurrant Juice
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 10 Pink Pepper Grains
- Put all ingredients in a sauce pan.
- Let it come to a boil and cook pretty intense for about 5 minutes to reduce the sauce to a nice thick reduction.
- Remove the crushed garlic and the bay leaf.
- Drizzle the sauce over meat just before serving.
Tip: Don’t reduce the sauce too much or it might become too sticky. In that case, add some more balsamic vinegar and stir until the sauce gets a good consistency.
Homemade cajun seasoning
Are you eager to try a kind of exotic version of Cajun seasoning? Here’s a really nice one perfect for a pulled pork. Or why not just try it in a stew?
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika powder
- 1 tsp Carnation
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Dried ginger
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 dried Chili
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Lemon (juice and peel)
- 1/2 cup (ca 1 dl) Raisins
- Prepare the dry ingredients. Put all dry ingredients in a mortar (or a mixer if you don’t have a mortar). Mix all dry ingredients until you get a fine nice even mix of spices. Make sure all seeds are crushed to get the most out of all delicious flavors.
- Prepare the wet ingredients. Mince the raisins and cloves of garlic. Grate the peel and press out all the juice from the lemon. Mix raisins, garlic and lemon with the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Mix the prepared dry and wet ingredients until you get that nice seasoning paste. Exploding with flavors!
Put seasoning on pork and cook as you like. I usually rub the top of a pork tenderloin and cook in an ovenable pot in the oven at 210 °F (100 °C) for 5-7 hours together with big chunks of tomatoes and pears.